The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are:
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and practice national integration and social harmony. Motto:
The Motto of NSS "Not Me but You", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person's point of view and also show consideration to '/other living beings. The philosophy of the NSS is well doctrine in this motto, which underlines/on the belief that the welfare .of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society on the whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
The symbol for the NSS has been based on the giant Rath Wheel of the world famous Konark Sun Temple (The Black Pagoda) situated in Orissa, India. The wheel portrays the cycle of creation, preservation and release and signifies the movement in life across time and space, the symbol thus stands for continuity as well as change and implies the continuous striving of NSS for social change.
The NSS Symbol is embossed on the badge. The eight bars in the wheel represent the 24 hours of a day. The red color indicates that the volunteer is full of young blood that is lively, active, energetic and full of high spirit. The navy blue color indicates the cosmos of which the NSS is tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.
NSS Activities-Academic Year 2016-17
|11thMay 2016||National Technology Day|
|9th- 15thAug 2016||Special Camp at ERURU Village|
|15thAug 2016||Observation of Independence Day|
|23rdAug 2016||Aazadi Yaad karo Kurbani|
|3rdSep 2016||Awareness on Anti-Ragging|
|15thSep 2016||Engineers Day|
|15thOct 2016||Global Hand Washing Day|
|8thNov 2016||Legal literacy camp|
|6thDec 2016||Awareness Camp on Cashless Transactions|
|22ndDec 2016||National Mathematics day|
|24thDec 2016||Awareness Program on Career Guidance and Human Values|
|11thJan 2017||NSS Youth Festival|
|26thJan 2017||Observation of Republic Day|
|8thMarch 2017||International Women's Day|
NSS Activities-Academic Year 2017-18
|21stJune 2017||International Women's Day|
|21stJuly 2017||Tree Plantation(Swachh Bharat)|
|15thAugust 2017||Observation of Independence Day|
|19thAugust 2017||World Photography Day|